This year's Ocean Literacy Summit will take place November 3rd and 4th in Portland, Maine.
The 2016 Ocean Literacy Summit will focus on Ocean Literacy principle #3; The ocean is a major influence on weather and climate.
Events will include:
- a climate change workshop led by the National Network for Ocean and Climate Change Interpretation (NNOCCI);
- a keynote address by Dr. Andy Pershing, Chief Scientific Officer at the Gulf of Maine Research Institute (GMRI);
- talks by scientists and educators, in a redesigned format that will enable participants to hear all presentations;
- an interactive Science an Education Fair to highlight hands-on activities and interpretive ideas on teaching ocean literacy;
- a panel on effective messaging, creative tools, tips and marketing;
- and numerous networking opportunities.
The New England Ocean Science Education Collaborative (NEOSEC) is a diverse networked collaboration of more than forty institutions from across New England, including aquariums, museums, universities, government entities and science and research centers.
NEOSEC’s mission and collective purpose are to leverage New England’s extraordinary assets, to engage the public in understanding the vital connections between people and the ocean.
For more information, visit: www.neosec.org
source: New England Ocean Science Education Collaborative